We all know that it’s important to use sunscreen for the face to prevent sun damage, skin cancer and the early signs of ageing. But it’s just as crucial to pick the best sunscreen for your skin type. You want something that protects your skin – not irritate it! Find out why Beyond Sun Protection is the best sun protection cream for sensitive skin, oily skin and acne-prone skin.
Best Sunscreen for oily skin
You need: a light formula that absorbs in seconds
“All the sunscreens I’ve tried feel so sticky and heavy. My face feels as greasy as a frying pan!” complains Sasha, 32.
It’s even harder in hot tropical climates, where you start to sweat after just a few minutes of walking outdoors. Very thick formulas will sit in your face, and soon everything – from your sunscreen to the makeup you applied on top of it – becomes an oily and very ugly mess. The creams also trap dust and other particles, which clog your pores and contribute to acne.
The best sunscreen for oily skin should have the following features:
- Non-comedogenic. This means it doesn’t clog pores, so it won’t cause breakouts.
- Doubles as a moisturizer. If your sunscreen has skincare benefits, you can skip your day cream. Just use a hydrating toner and essence (or, use the Korean skincare routine of patting in several layers of toner). Then, lock it in with your sunscreen for the face.
- Non-greasy formula. The best sunscreens are effective and comfortable enough to wear the whole day. Look for formulas that are quickly absorbed, and your skin feels matte or dry right after application.
Why you should try Beyond Sun Protection:
Beyond Sun Protection was developed by Crystal Tomato, a proud Singapore brand that meets global clinical standards. It’s just as effective as international brands, but was made by people who understand tropical climates. It was developed to stay comfortable even in hot and humid weather, and prevent what Sasha (and other women with oily skin) describe as the Frying Pan Face. It’s non-comedogenic, too!
In fact, Beyond Sun Protection’s dry-touch formula is just as revolutionary as the level of protection it provides. It took four years to develop and perfect, but the result is a sunscreen that won’t feel greasy, even if you have very oily skin. Beyond Sun Protection is one of the best sunscreens for oily skin!
The best sunscreen for acne-prone skin
You need: a sunscreen that won’t clog your pores
One out of 4 people develop adult acne. Blame it on hormones, or acne triggers like stress, lack of sleep, and a high-glucose diet! If you’re one of those people who get regular breakouts, you know how important it is to invest in a good skincare routine. That routine should always sunscreen.
Some people may ask, “Is sunscreen bad for acne?” Actually, sunscreen is important for controlling acne. Sun exposure can make your breakouts worse. UV rays can increase inflammation and redness, and lead to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (or discoloured acne marks). It can also dry out your skin, which will cause you to produce more oil.
The best sunscreen for acne-prone skin should have the following benefits:
- Non-comedogenic. Just like people with oily skin, you need a sunscreen that won’t clog your pores.
- Non-acnegenic. While non-comedogenic sunscreens won’t clog pores, non-acnegenic sunscreens take it a step further: they don’t have oils, fragrances or harsh ingredient that can irritate your skin.
- Fights hyperpigmentation. Sunscreens with whitening or lightening ingredients can help fade pesky acne marks left by pimples.
- Hydrating. Many acne treatments contain acids or other ingredients that can dry out your skin. You need to hydrate your skin, with skincare and sunscreen that can boost moisture levels.
Why you should try Beyond Sun Protection:
Beyond Sun Protection provides all the benefits you need from a sunscreen for oily skin. It is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. Its skin lightening ingredients can help prevent and fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (acne marks).
Furthermore, Beyond Sun Protection’s high SPF can protect skin that is sun-sensitive because of acne treatments. It’s also clinically proven to increase skin moisture levels by 32% after 27 days – to keep your skin soft, smooth and hydrated!
The best sunscreen for sensitive skin
You need: a sunscreen that doesn’t have chemicals that can irritate your skin
How do you know that you have sensitive skin? Your skin easily becomes red, itchy or dry. When you apply skincare products, you experience a burning or stinging sensation. Overexposure to harsh skincare products can also make your skin rough and flaky.
Some people are born with sensitive skin; others develop temporary skin sensitivity because of skincare treatments (like acne or retinol) or hormonal changes (like pregnancy or menopause). Whatever the reason, if your skin is acting up, you need to pick your skincare products carefully. Look for a sunscreen for sensitive skin!
Why is sun protection for sensitive skin so important? Sensitive skin typically tends to have a damaged moisture barrier, so you’re more prone to damage from UV rays, pollution, and other environmental hazards. Sun exposure also dries out your skin and breaks down skin proteins. Your skin is already weak – it needs the best and broadest sun protection!
The best sunscreen for sensitive skin should have the following benefits:
- Hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic sunscreens are free of fragrances, colours and other ingredients that are known to trigger skin reactions.
- Broad protection against numerous environmental hazards. Look for a sunscreen that defends your skin from UVA, UVB, pollution, blue light, and other toxins in the environment.
- Contains antioxidants. Antioxidants will neutralize free radicals that can damage your skin.
- Hydrating. Since sensitive skin tends to be dry and inflamed, look for a moisturizing sunscreen that can also nourish and heal your skin.
Why you should try Beyond Sun Protection:
Beyond Sun Protection’s revolutionary formula makes it one of the best sunscreens for sensitive skin! It gives the most complete protection against UV rays and environmental hazards, including blue light and pollution. It is hypoallergenic, and feels light and comfortable on the skin.
Beyond Sun Protection also has additional skincare benefits that will strengthen sensitive skin. It is remarkably hydrating, and is clinically proven to increase moisture levels by 32% after 27 days of use. It is full of antioxidants and even has skin-brightening ingredients. Combined with a good skincare routine, your skin will look and feel rejuvenated.
Tips for Applying Sunscreen
Remember, investing in a good sunscreen for the face for your skin type is the best thing you can do for your skin. It can lower risk for skin cancer, prevent sun damage that can lead to hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, and protect you from sunburn.
For best results, be sure to properly apply sunscreen. Read our previous blog post on the smart way to apply sunscreen, and how much you really need to put to get full sun protection. In a nutshell:
- Apply sunscreen every day, even when you’re indoors. UVA rays can penetrate windows and clouds. Beyond Sun Protection also helps defend your skin from pollution, blue light and other skin hazards that are present in your daily environment.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going out. This gives time for the skin to absorb it.
- Be sure to apply sunscreen behind the ears and on your neck.
- Reapply sunscreen after four hours.
- Layer your sun protection! Aside from using sunscreen, wear eyeglasses to protect your eyes, and seek the shade or wear a hat if you are outdoors from 10 am to 3pm.
Your Skin Needs Daily, Complete Protection
Make sunscreen a habit! Don’t just use sunscreen when you go the beach or plan to spend the whole day outdoors. Your skin is barraged by environmental hazards the whole day. Even that short walk to the train station exposes you to UV rays and pollution. You also get exposed to blue light from your computers and phones!
Beyond Sun Protection Is the Best Sun Protection for All Skin Types
Beyond Sun Protection provides the best and broadest protection against all skin hazards. No other sunscreen comes close!
- Clinically proven. Developed after 5 years of rigorous testing, it is clinically proven to block over 99% of UV rays and 54% of blue light, and shield your skin from pollution and other environmental hazards.
- Comfortable, revolutionary formula. Beyond Sun Protection’s light and dry-touch formula is designed to be comfortably worn any day, the whole day.
- Can be used by all skin types. The non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and hypoallergenic formula makes it the best sunscreen for oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- Trusted brand. Beyond Sun Protection is the latest product of Crystal Tomato, makers of the Crystal Tomato Skin Clarity Cream and Crystal Tomato Supplements.
Try Beyond Sun Protection now! Click here to try this revolutionary sunscreen product today.
For more information about Beyond Sun Protection, go to our FAQ. Follow Beyond Sunscreen on Facebook and Instagram for news, tips and other updates.